If you’ve ever worked in an enterprise software company at the same time as being single, maybe you’ve noticed the similarities between dating and software sales. Here’s how:
- Putting on a match.com profile is like going to a trade show.
- Always out and about on the prowl? It’s called lead generation, folks.
- Meeting different girls? Going on many first dates? How about calling it what it is: a sales pipeline?
- Going on ten dates without a goodnight kiss – poor ROI.
- Getting fixed up by a friend? Well, that sounds a lot like inside sales supporting corporate sales, doesn’t it?
- Getting screwed out of a makeout session by the girl’s annoying prissy little twit of a roommate? We like to call it bureaucratic wrangling and internal politics.
- And finally, the single man’s dating mantra, which aligns so well with the sales cliche: “Always be closing (ABC)”. Need I say more?
Depressing? Natch. Disgusting in its objectification of relationships? Of course. But funny trumps all, folks.